Let's assume you're past the dilemma of who to invite to be your bridesmaid and all potential family politics involved in that decision and you're onto the fun and creative part of asking them to be in your Bridal Party! So how do you do it?
You could be very uncreative and impersonal and just ask them over coffee or worse via text/email or .... you could make this aspect an event in itself (much like your marriage proposal) and have some fun in the process.
Here are some creative fun ways to invite your bridesmaids, flower girls and maid of honor. If you can think of more please share them with us in comments and best of all send us your pics!
NOTE: Our Low Budget Wedding Planning Group members have very generously contributed images of Bridesmaid proposal gifts they created themselves to help inspire your creativity. Thank you ladies!!
Fast Access Links: ETSY's and Amazon's bridesmaid proposal selection
Have a Bridesmaids Picnic or Tea Party and invite them with a custom cookie or a personalized cake!
invitations and cards to inviting them while enjoying a special bridesmaids picnic / tea party held in their honor.
If the weather is beautiful, find a lovely outdoor spot and have a picnic. If the weather is unpredictable move the picnic indoors and make it a tea party instead. These events do not require much planning or preparation. A lovely tea set (if you have one) is a bonus but otherwise, picnic ware and crockery along with handmade sandwiches, cakes, fresh fruit and soft drinks will do the trick. Don't forget the picnic blanket! If you don't fancy DIY there are local cafe's that may be happy to host a small event for you, but then the costs start to add up.
With tea parties and picnics in mind (which females of all ages enjoy from granny to granddaughter ) here are some inventive ways to invite bridesmaids using food!
Sweet and Treats
You can bake/buy invitation cookies and ice them with the details 'will you be my bridesmaid?'. Wrap them creatively with a pretty bow and present them at the picnic or tea party.
If you're making them yourself, you can keep the text simple or do some edible printable toppers.
by Group member Megan
You could be a little more extravagant and have a single celebration cake with those invite words iced on and a candle to represent each bridesmaid.
by Group Member Rachel
These goody boxes are so popular. You buy the boxes blank or with ready written script and fill them with treats you think your Bridesmaids will enjoy. Seal with some pretty ribbon and gift them at a special time. Our members on the Low Budget Wedding Planning Group are super creative when it comes to these, you can see their creations here.
Here are few that generous members have agreed to share here, aren't they fantastic!
by Group member Laila
by Group member Ashle
The items from Laila's box were obtained via Etsy, Amazon and Dollar Tree.
This is a fantastic low budget way to invite your bridesmaid or maid of honor, flower girl etc.
You add a photo of you and them and personalized words outside and inside the greeting card to create a unique and lasting keepsake which could later be framed.
Idea 4 - Poem
We're not all poets but you never know till you try!
Have a go at writing a few short lines about what your bridesmaid-to-be means to you. It can be funny or sentimental .. it will be unique and treasured and best of all free!
This poem can be added to the front or inside of a card or you can 'read it out' ceremoniously at your Bridesmaids luncheon!
A Custom Illustrated Bridesmaid Invite Card
You can request hair type, name and so on for personalized unique proposal cards!
- Wedding Gifts/Bridal Shower Gifts - Best Cute Engagement Gift for Her, Bride, Maid of Honor, Wom Mug
- Description:11oz ceramic mug featuring wraparound print. Available in two shapes. Dishwasher safe. Are you looking for the best Wedding Gift, Bridal Shower Gift, Engagement Gift, Bachelorette Gift or Thank You Gift?Treat yourself or give it as a perfect gift for her,
- Price: $15.70
- Personalised Silver Plate Heart Trinket Box
- Merchant:APEL Worldwide dba ArtTownGifts.com
- Description:On the vanity, dressing table, or nightstand, this silver plated box, lined in white velour, is the perfect place to keep precious mementos. Personalized with two lines of up to 15 characters per line. Size: 3 x 3.
- Price: $18.39
- WIll You Be My Bridesmaid - Rose Gold Fab Invitation
- Description:This customizable WIll You Be My Bridesmaid - Rose Gold Fab Invitation is designed on the invitation and would interest those who like glitter, glam, invite, wedding, bride, gold, and bridal stuff.
- Price: $2.20
- Rustic Chic Will You Be My Maid of Honor Wine Label
- Description:This customizable Rustic Chic Will You Be My Maid of Honor Wine Label is designed on the bottleyourbrandlabel and would interest those who like will you be my, maid of honor, rustic maid of honor proposal, kraft asking maid of honor, country maid of...
- Price: $6.30
- Personalize Photo Will You Be My Maid of Honor Invitation
- Description:This customizable Personalize Photo Will You Be My Maid of Honor Invitation is designed on the invitation and would interest those who like modern bridesmaid, trendy bridesmaid, will you be my bridesmaid, wedding, personalize photo bridesmaid, faux...
- Price: $2.31
- Funny Bridesmaid / Maid of Honor Proposal Invitation
- Description:This customizable Funny Bridesmaid / Maid of Honor Proposal Invitation is designed on the invitation and would interest those who like bridesmaid, maid of honor, matron of honor, proposal, will you be my, funny, and rustic stuff.
- Price: $2.10
- Personalized Maid of Honor Picture Frame
- Merchant:A Gift Personalized
- Description:Thank her for being part of your special day with this maid of honor picture frame that says it all! Fashioned in our trendy color combinations with text that helps recall those special "girl" moments, our personalized maid of honor frame is an ideal gift
- Price: $29.99