One of the brides-to-be on my Wedding Group asked what questions her and her husband-to-be should ask before booking a Church wedding ceremony. Group members did not disappoint and replied with many important things you need to know before you commit to a particular Church.
Thank you all for such wonderful helpful suggestions!
- How early should you arrive before ceremony?
- How many guests can be seated?
- Can guests stand, how many?
- Can guests , photographer take photos during ceremony and if not when?
- Length of service?
- Cost and when is payment due?
- Can you have hymns , music?
- Can you decorate the aisle and church with your own flowers?
- Can you use confetti?
- Are you allowed to decorate (other than flowers) and if so, how early can you get in to decorate if you’re decorating?
- Is there a hall you can later use for the reception and what is the cost?
- If yes, do they have tables, chairs, linens?
- Are you responsible for cleaning them, and is there a fee for them to be cleaned? What time frame do you have for setting up and cleaning up?
- Do they allow dancing in the reception venue?
- Is there a kitchen for catering/making food on site?
- Is there an extra fee for that?
- Is there any kind of sound system in the church or is there just the usual piano and/or organ?
- Is anyone from the church able to set up the sound?
- Can you get ready there?
- Are you able to use real flames (candles)?
- Are there any requirements to using the facility (ie. are you required to take premarital counselling with their pastor/priest)?
- Can we take photos in the Church gardens (do you have gardens).
- Do you have disabled access?
- Do you have toilets?
|Wedding Invites / Save Dates from $0.09|