They agreed together this was THEIR wedding and they'd do it THEIR way, and while they took some good advice they made sure to ignore the advice and opinions (sometimes negative) of others who would have had a more elaborate, costly wedding ceremony and reception. Not wanting to start married life in debt they remained true to themselves and their goals.
They made savings as follows:
- Wedding dress sourced via Facebook for £70.
Hannah says "I couldn’t believe it. I tried it on and it fit like a glove. It was my dream dress too!"
- Bride Shoes - Purple Converse (non-branded) from Amazon for £8.
- Flower girl dresses £0 (They paid for their own at a cost of £8 each from eBay).
- Walking Bride Down the Isle Sisters Outfit £0 (sister paid for her own)
- Bridal and Bridesmaid Bouquets x 5 eBay £30
- Grooms Party Buttonholes x 7 Hobbycraft £20
- Cufflinks Debenhams Sale £5 each
- Grooms, Best man and Page boys suits - Debenhams (bought items as 3 separates rather than as one-piece suits) totalled £90 each.
- Shoes - Shoezone £11 each.
- Wedding Invitations - FreePrints app which offers 45 FREE prints a month and you only pay delivery. This was £2.99 and they arrived in under a week. Invitations were designed using Picturecollage app.
- Wedding Cake - Cupcakes were made to order, 100 for £60 and a Mr and Mrs Caterpillar cake £15 (self decorated).
- Wedding Car - Free - Family members car
- Photographer - FREE - Family member who gave services as a wedding gift
- Ceremony - held on a week day - £300
- Reception - local Bar £0 - Guests paid for own meals and drinks .
Thank you Hannah for sharing these great low budget wedding tips with us.