To increase your fun factor and avoid stress, myself and fellow authors and wedding stationery designers have created a blog that is packed full of inspired ideas for wedding themes as well as tips and advice on budgeting, DIY decoration and so much more.
We also advise on how you can avoid all those little niggles that can throw a spanner in the works. You can navigate the guest list, seating, plus 1 and kids issues with a few well worded invites and signs.
Page down to view our most popular advice and trouble shooting guides along with personalized wedding template signs and details card that you can use to let your guests know what your plans are for the big day!
In the meantime page down for a list of trending wedding theme and this years wedding colors, linked to great wedding invitation and stationery collections so you can start creating your wedding ideas moodboard!
Moodboards can easily be created via Pinterest, just open an account, create a board and start pinning your favorite wedding theme items.
Image - left: Wedding Burnt Orange Pink Collection
Wedding Planning 101
To ensure your wedding goes without a hitch and you remain sane throughout the process follow these simple wedding planning tips.
Info: Check out these modern and fun wedding 101 Guides via Amazon
1. Enlist help
Use the following 'wedding planning things to do' list to help divide the responsibilities between you.
2. Book the Venues
Book the church or wedding ceremony venue. Give yourself ample time to plan for the wedding and for guests to ensure they are free on the day. Anything from one year to two years is usual for an advance wedding venue booking.
There are great articles on this blog re Destination Weddings if that's what you have in mind! Whether you're taking family and friends or planning an elopement with a wedding reception back home afterwards, we have tips to get you started! Guides on destination weddings via Amazon here.
3. Apply for the licence
4. Set the budget
Costs you need to consider:
- Wedding Insurance
- Ceremony Costs and Licence Fees
- Reception Venue and Catering including beverages (bottling fees)
- Wedding invitations as associated items ie rsvp, save the dates etc.
You can buy a wedding stationery suite that will include coordinated items for all the above or you could make your own! There are lots of online resources to help you to create your own wedding invitations. These include wedding invitation templates, printables and craft items. If you are making handmade wedding invitations, allow yourself sufficient time to do so.
- Flowers including bridal bouquet, ceremony venue flowers and center table arrangements
- Decorations for ceremony and reception - ribbons, flowers, bunting, balloons
- Bridal Dress, underwear, reception outfit, shoes, jewelry, accessories
- Groom suit, cuff links, accessories, shoes
- Bridesmaid dresses, shoes, nails
- Paige boy suits
- Best man outfit
- Hair dressing, makeup fees
- Bridal Party and Thank You Gifts
- Car Hire for bride, groom, family
- Wedding cake
- Wedding favors
- Hotel room hire
- Cleaning fees
5. Create a Wedding Guest List - things to consider
6. Pick a Wedding Theme
Popular Themes for 2019/2020
- Fusion Weddings
- Color wash / brush strokes
- Dark Tropical
- Watercolor / Ombre
- Rustic Barn
- Tea Party
- Icon - Timeline
- Succulents and Cacti
- Hawaiian Luau
- Black and White
by LeahG Designs
Wedding invitations featuring a handy timeline are popular, and this one (my own design) features quirky watercolor graphics with template text fields for you to add your own unique wedding timeline text.
Trending Wedding Colors :
- Coral and Turquoise or other color combinations
- Black and White
- Blush Pink and Gold
- Pink and Blue
- Navy Blue/Copper
- Ultra Violet/Purple and Emerald Green
Wedding invitations for 2019 and 2020
Wedding invitation color and graphics schemed for the coming year include minimalist with a lot of white space, feminine handwritten style fonts, leaves in both spring and dark tropical with watercolor graphic elements.
Popular colors are midnight blue, ultra violet, turquoise and last years favorite blush pink and gold. We're not ready to let go of that glamorous color combo yet! As a surprise we're also seeing more corporate styled invitations, with monochrome photos, block lettering and simplistic yet stylish look.
Image : Black and White Contemporary Wedding Collection
7. Marriage Ceremony Venue
8. Wedding Reception
Wedding Planning Guides
If you want to be fully prepared for your special day, time line carefully calculated, checklists and budget in place etc. you could do worse than to equip yourself with Best Selling The Knot wedding planning guide .
This particular guide is packed with lots of new ideas. It's always been a hot favorite with brides because it's so darn helpful!!
Some of the goodies you'll find inside:
- Timelines and worksheets for scheduling and budgeting
- Money-saving tips
- 8 tabbed dividers packed with color photos of centerpieces, table settings, favors, and more
- Color swatch page for mixing your own wedding palette
- Information on choosing your vendors, including checklists of key questions to ask
- Ideas galore
- Pockets for collecting tear sheets, contracts, business cards
- Removable stickers on the front, spine, and back so you can make the binder your own
Have you seen the Bridechilla Guides??
Start Making Savings NOW With Wedding Sales
Note: This article is an updated version of one I wrote a while back..it has since been plagiarised many times. Please do not support sites that steal content and anyone found to be taking content re this site will be issued a DMCA take down notice.